Cameron House Resort
Situated on the banks of Loch Lomond, just 30 minutes from Glasgow, Cameron House resort is the perfect place to experience Scottish hospitality at its best. The current operation at the resort includes 115 luxury lodges and Mansion House apartments, an Award Winning 17 treatment room Spa, 2 Golf courses, 2 Restaurants, our 234 berth Marina and a fantastic range of leisure activities!
Vacancy: Maintenance Assistant
(40 hours, 5 days from 7 including nights and weekend work, £19,062 gross per annum)
The Maintenance Assistant will work under the direction of the Assistant Maintenance Manager and Property Manager to ensure that routine maintenance and repairs are performed as directed, ensuring the assets and equipment within the resort are operating at maximum efficiency in order to achieve high levels of guest satisfaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and corrective repairs. These works will be varied and may not be limited to the following:
- Basic joinery
- Basic tiling
- Silicone sealing of bathroom fixtures
- Basic plumbing including unblocking drains and toilets
- Replacing lamps
- Working at height
- Resetting and starting of plant and equipment
- Fire alarm testing
- Minor electrical checks and repairs
- Cleaning of plant, equipment and work areas including plant rooms
- Carry out compliance checks as directed
- Ensure paperwork is completed to the highest standard at all times.
- Follow work instructions given and ensure safe systems of work and standard procedures are followed.
- Be aware of, and comply with health and safety systems, site risk assessments and all company policies
- Undertake online training in relevant topics to your role
- Be willing to take part in an on call rota (currently 1 in 3 weeks)
- Be available with reasonable notice to work a varied shift pattern to accommodate the business needs including weekend and night working.
- Support all staff on site with maintenance issues and pass to the management team as required
- Undertake training and be a Fire Responder
- Undertake training and be an active first aider
- Undertake training to be Pool Plant qualified
- Complete requisition forms when parts are required or stock is running low
- Order parts and equipment as required to complete your role.
- Supervise contractors whilst on site.
- Deliver a positive and approachable outlook at all times to ensure a favourable guest experience
- Deal with guest complaints in a professional way, showing initiative and drive to resolve any issues.
- Work with the Maintenance computerised logging system
- You will be required at times to assist with other departments in furniture removals, function set up and office moves.
Experience and Qualifications
No official trade qualifications are required for this post however, experience within a similar role would be an advantage along with a desire to begin or further your career within a Maintenance Department.
All Maintenance Assistants may be required to use a PC and smartphone or tablet in their day-to-day role and therefore must possess basic computing skills.
The Maintenance Assistant may be required to drive throughout the resort and should hold a full, valid driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points.
In addition, our ideal candidate for this position will;
- Be reliable and able to work to deadlines
- Have a proactive approach and be able to work on own initiative
- Possess the ability to multi task and think on your feet
Cameron House on Loch LomondLoch Lomond