Cameron House lodges offer an exceptional range of one, two, three and four bedroom luxury self-catering lodges, each luxury lodge has spacious bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, covered balconies and unrivalled views of Loch Lomond. Part of the world-renowned five-star resort Cameron House our luxury lodges can be found both alongside the Hotel and the Carrick Golf and Spa area of the Resort.
Vacancy Description - Maintenance Assistants (FT & PT)
1 x Full time post (40 hrs per week)
1 x Part time post (16 hours weekends)
£9.40 per hour
The Maintenance Assistant will work under the direction of the Assistant Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Manager to ensure that routine maintenance and repairs are performed as directed, ensuring the assets and equipment within the resort are operating at maximum efficiency in order to achieve high levels of guest satisfaction.
The Maintenance Assistant will be expected to work to the Cameron Values at all times, ensuring they are Consistent, *Accountable, Motivated, Excellent, Respectful, Opportunistic and Nurturing; always working to the goal of achieving our vision to be “Scotland’s leading destination resort”.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Perform routine preventative maintenance and corrective repairs. These works will be varied and may not be limited to the following:
- A good knowledge of plumbing.(Time Served Trades Person preferred).
- Basic joinery
- Basic tiling
- Silicone sealing of bathroom fixtures
- Replacing lamps
- Working at height
- Resetting and starting of plant and equipment
- Fire alarm testing
- Furniture repair
- Minor electrical checks and repairs
- Carry out compliance checks as directed
- Ensure paperwork is completed to the highest standard at all times.
- Follow work instructions given and ensure safe systems of work and standard procedures are followed.
- Be aware of, and comply with Health and Safety systems and site risk assessments
- Be aware of, and comply with all Company Policies
- Undertake online training in relevant topics to your role
- Be willing to take part in an on call rota, at least one on call per week or when the business requires due to holidays etc.
- Be willing to work a shift pattern including working weekends, 5 days out of 7.
- Support all staff on site with maintenance issues and pass to the management team as required
- Complete requisition forms when parts are required or stock is running low
- Deliver a positive and approachable outlook at all times to ensure a favourable guest experience
- Deal with guest complaints in a professional way, showing initiative and drive to resolve any issues.
Experience and Qualifications
A good knowledge of plumbing.(Time Served Trades Person preferred).
Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience in a similar role and should possess a desire to further their career within a Maintenance Department.
All Maintenance Assistants may be required to use a PC and smartphone or tablet in their day-to-day role and therefore must possess basic computing skills.
The Maintenance Assistant may be required to drive throughout the resort and should hold a full, valid driving licence