A host of tourism and hospitality businesses in the Loch Lomond and Trossachs area are celebrating reaching finalist stage in the Regional Finals of this year’s VisitScotland Scottish Thistle Awards.
For over 20 years the VisitScotland Scottish Thistle Awards have been recognised as Scotland's tourism industry's Oscars, recognising and celebrating excellence in Scottish tourism.
With Scotland's tourism industry employing over 200,000 committed professionals, who between them help generate £11bn of income per annum, product and service quality, skills and excellence are tantamount to the ongoing success and development of the sector.
To know that you’ve made someone’s holiday is really special and makes early starts and working until late worthwhile.John Stevenson
The local businesses reaching regional finalist stage are:
- Portnellan Farm - Best Accommodation Provider (West)
- Cameron House on Loch Lomond - Fishers – Most Hospitable Hotel (West)
- John Stevenson, Experience Scotland’s Wild - Tourism & Hospitality Hero (West)
- Forest Holidays Strathyre – Best Accommodation Provider (Central, Fife and Tayside)
- Go Ape - Best Outdoor Adventure Experience (Central, Fife and Tayside)
- Loch Earn Tourism Information - Innovation in Tourism (Central, Fife and Tayside)
- Kim Proven, Loch Earn Tourism Information - Regional Ambassador (Central, Fife & Tayside)
- Mhor Festival – Best Cultural Event or Festival (Central, Fife & Tayside)
Managing Director and Tour Guide John Stevenson, (pictured, left) owner of Experience Scotland’s Wild, shortlisted in the Regional Finals of this year’s Visit Scotland, Thistle Awards for Tourism & Hospitality Hero (West) said: "It’s really liberating to start my own business in something I feel so passionately about. Every visitor is different and every tour is unique. The feedback I get is a huge boost as well. To know that you’ve made someone’s holiday is really special and makes early starts and working until late worthwhile. I’m constantly learning and striving to grow & improve in every area.
John continued: "We believe that you always have to go that extra mile when helping visitors experience a fantastic time in Scotland. This philosophy has shone through and that's why Experience Scotland’s Wild has been recognised in the category for Tourism and Hospitality Hero.”
Winners will be announced at the West Regional Final on 26th October 2017 at Glasgow Science Centre, Glasgow and winners will be announced at the Central, Fife & Tayside / Lothian & Borders Regional Final (joint awards) on 23rd November 2017 at Prestonfield House, Edinburgh.
Find the full list of Thistle Awards regional finalists here.