This practical demonstration filled session is for those wanting to get a little more from their tracking setup. Moving beyond the content of the intermediate session (“Making Google Analytics work for your Tourism Business”), this session looks at helping you setup some key features such as conversion tracking, campaign tracking and custom reports.
Introducing attendees to Tag Manager, we’ll show you how to setup tracking for clicks on booking buttons, clicks on phone numbers and more, and how to use those for conversion metrics in Analytics. We’ll also look at examples of campaign tracking and introduce you to Search Console to help understand the impact of all your content development … all through live demonstration.
Delegates can login to their own accounts for each tool, if they have them, though we’ll be using a live site as the example.
- Conversion Tracking and its importance.
- Introduction and practical demonstration of Google Tag Manager.
- Discussion around use of Campaign Tracking, with live setup examples.
- Building and Editing Custom Reports
- Introduction and discussion of Search Console.
What do I need to bring?
Delegates can bring their own laptop or tablet if they wish, though not everyone has Analytics fully setup to use. It’s important to note that some Google tools are quite different via tablet, and we’ll be using the web-based version of tools for this session. Live accounts will be used by the presenter to ensure everyone benefits from the session. Don’t forget to bring a power pack.
Who should attend?
We recommend that those attending should have already attended the intermediate session (“Making Google Analytics work for your Tourism Business”), or at least have an understanding of the topics covered in it. As a minimum, it’s recommended those attending at least be using Analytics regularly for measuring and development of their sites. Those new to Analytics may struggle with the content and terminology used on this course.
What will I learn?
- How to install and setup basic tags, triggers and variables in Google Tag Manager.
- How to use Tag Manager to create conversion metrics in Google Analytics.
- How to setup Campaign tracking for your paid ads, mailshots etc.
- How to build and edit Custom Reports within Google Analytics.
- How to install, interpret and use Google Search Console.
Once registered, you will receive automatic email reminders prior to the workshop as well as as a link to the feedback form on the day of the workshop. In order to receive the link to the slides and any further communication, please give your consent when registering for this event.
- DTS events are aimed at tourism businesses only who operate on a B2C (Business to Consumer) or B2B (Business to Business) basis. Unfortunately, we can’t offer places to intermediaries, consultants or suppliers of services.
DTS is a partnership programme supported by VisitScotland, Scottish Enterprise, Business Gateway, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Government and Scottish Tourism Alliance. The workshops and awareness sessions are delivered by Elevator.
This event is brought to you in collaboration with Love Loch Lomond and Argyll and The Isles Tourism Cooperative.