A new era in world sport will get underway in the summer of 2018 as Glasgow and Berlin host the inaugural European Championships — an exciting new multi-sport event bringing together some of the continent’s leading sports including the existing European Championships for Athletics, Aquatics, Cycling, Gymnastics, Rowing and Triathlon with a new Golf Team Championships.
To be staged every four years starting in August 2018, the European Championships will be a new highlight on the global sporting calendar, elevating the status of European Champions during an 11-day celebration of world-class sport and a packed 10-day broadcast schedule.
- Glasgow and Scotland will host Aquatics, Cycling, Golf, Gymnastics, Rowing and Triathlon while Berlin hosts Athletics.
- First edition will be staged on the 2 - 12 August 2018
- 2018 European Championships to include 7 leading sports: athletics, swimming, cycling, rowing, triathlon, golf & gymnastics
- Approximately 4,500 athletes to compete
- EBU and their free-to-air members are our broadcast partners.
- The individual events will have a potential total audience of more than 1.03 billion television viewers across the continent and an even wider audience via multiple digital platforms.