With over 800 million active users, Instagram has grown to become one of the most important social media platforms for millennials and boasts the highest engagement rate per follower. In addition, a survey has suggested that as many as 48% of Instagram users use it to help pick their next holiday destination.
Within this practical session, we will show you how to supercharge your Instagram account, grow your visibility and become better at inspiring potential visitors and engaging with followers. Through live demos, we will also show you how to find inspiration and source content (especially from guests/ visitors) and give you a few practical tips and hacks to make the most of Instagram. You will also learn how and why it pays to interact and collaborate with fellow tourism businesses and destinations.
- How to drive engagement, including how to find content that will inspire you
- Planning and creating fun and engaging Instagram Stories
- Tips and tricks, including image editing best practice, using digital camera images on Instagram, scheduling posts in advance
- How and when to collaborate with other local businesses to help collectively raise your profiles
- Business account features relevant to tourism businesses, including Call-To-Action buttons
What do I need to bring?
It is essential that delegates bring a smartphone with the following apps installed:
Don’t forget to bring a power pack to keep your device charged.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at those managing and/ or responsible for social media content who need to learn how to quickly and effectively produce inspiring and engaging content. We recommend that those attending have experience in using Instagram for business. It may be of benefit if delegates have attended the Digital Tourism Scotland workshop “Inspiring Photography Content for Tourism”. Please note that this workshop does not cover “Setting up Instagram” which is addressed by the Digital Boost workshop “Pinterest, Instagram and Photography For Business”.
What will I learn?
- How to drive engagement and grow your account
- How to use Instagram collaboratively with fellow businesses
- How to make the most of Instagram features and hacks
Once registered, you will receive automatic email reminders prior to the workshop as well as as a link to the feedback form on the day of the workshop. In order to receive the link to the slides and any further communication, please give your consent when registering for this event.
- DTS events are aimed at tourism businesses only who operate on a B2C (Business to Consumer) or B2B (Business to Business) basis. Unfortunately, we can’t offer places to intermediaries, consultants or suppliers of services.