A workshop focussing on the basics required for trading online, and will look at various tools, platforms and payment options available. You will also look at online marketplaces like Etsy and Amazon
Introduction to Trading Online
A workshop focussing on some of the basics required for trading online, and will look at the various tools, platforms and payment options available to everyone. We'll include some information of the legal requirements and discuss the impact of online ecommerce versus bricks and mortar.
Specifically you will learn how to:
- Plan for a successful ecommerce site
- Decide on a strategy for “how” to sell (shopping cart and payment options etc)
- Understand the rules and regulations
- Make it easy for your visitors to buy from you
- Engage your buyers and turn them into Champions!
Introduction to Online Marketplaces
A workshop that will focus on a hugely untapped opportunity for small Scottish retailers - trading on Online Marketplaces such as Amazon and Ebay.
- Choosing the right Marketplace - a look at trading on Ebay, Amazon and Etsy
- Understanding Profit Margins and how Marketplace fees affect them
- After Sales and Customer Service (how to stand out from the competition)
- Trading internationally - is it for you, and what's possible?
This workshop is free to attend and a light lunch will be provided.